For that I cropped image as above and call them through background using “background-position” property.
So this was new learning for me in css. Here is that simple code to make such button effect:
Orkut is very famous website on net for social networking. But I have question regarding their website designing. Currently design of orkut I don’t like. It is not good as I want, or as a designer want.
I think orkut-team should change their website design. It should be according web2.0 or latest trends.
So last few weeks I have above question in my mind. So I research on website on point of usability and designing. And finally I found some issues in current website like:
- Logo is old fashion it should be according Web2.0
- Font style is small and old. It should change to web 2.0 fonts like bigger fonts that makes website more readable.
- Blue color is looks very dull in website.
- square column in website looks also old fashion it should change to rounded.
- Design should be column based.
After research I designed a sample page of Orkut, where all above requirements is filled in screen. You can see it here :-
What I did in screen.
- I used new trends logo for Orkut. which is according Web2.0. It is plain and simple and it is easy to remember for visitors.
- Used Arial font
- Divided home page in three column.
- Used blue vibrant color
- Made top navigation bar at top for usability point of view.
- New designed for Login area.
This is design which I like and I hope orkut’s user also like it. Give me your comments and suggestions on design-screen of orkut.
Last few weeks I was searching a link for free e-book downloading and today shuklendu send me link of knowfree.net. This web portal is place where user can exchange freely e-books, video training and other materials for education purpose. So you can download e-books for free of charge.
Download free CSS & Xhtml templates from here. OpenSourceTemplates.org is one of the STUDIO7DESIGNS non profile companies which provide us some free xhtml & css templates with source file.