How we can make orkut website more beautiful?
Orkut is very famous website on net for social networking. But I have question regarding their website designing. Currently design of orkut I don’t like. It is not good as I want, or as a designer want.
I think orkut-team should change their website design. It should be according web2.0 or latest trends.
So last few weeks I have above question in my mind. So I research on website on point of usability and designing. And finally I found some issues in current website like:
- Logo is old fashion it should be according Web2.0
- Font style is small and old. It should change to web 2.0 fonts like bigger fonts that makes website more readable.
- Blue color is looks very dull in website.
- square column in website looks also old fashion it should change to rounded.
- Design should be column based.
After research I designed a sample page of Orkut, where all above requirements is filled in screen. You can see it here :-
What I did in screen.
- I used new trends logo for Orkut. which is according Web2.0. It is plain and simple and it is easy to remember for visitors.
- Used Arial font
- Divided home page in three column.
- Used blue vibrant color
- Made top navigation bar at top for usability point of view.
- New designed for Login area.
This is design which I like and I hope orkut’s user also like it. Give me your comments and suggestions on design-screen of orkut.
Web2.0 award for 2007
Web2.0 Award for year of 2007 has announced on May 9th 2007 by SEOmoz. There are 200 web2.0 website in 41 categories and 15 Interviews with Founders of Winning Sites.
Check it out at http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0