Finally I completed the book “Tuesdays With Morrie”, Ashok sir had given me to read. I enjoyed while reading this book. Tuesday with morrie is written by Mitch Albom. The book is published in 1997 and later this book turned into a TV film in 1999.
The book is written in very easy language. This is true story of one old man and one young man. The old man shares their experience and knowledge of life with his student. They meets every Tuesday and discuss on one topic.
Each topics of this book are very important and will teach you that how to live a life. Really very nice book. You should read this book once in your life. I like this book very much.
Some quotes I like from this book are :
“Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.”
“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
“When you learn how to die, you learn how to live.”
Orkut is very famous website on net for social networking. But I have question regarding their website designing. Currently design of orkut I don’t like. It is not good as I want, or as a designer want.
I think orkut-team should change their website design. It should be according web2.0 or latest trends.
So last few weeks I have above question in my mind. So I research on website on point of usability and designing. And finally I found some issues in current website like:
- Logo is old fashion it should be according Web2.0
- Font style is small and old. It should change to web 2.0 fonts like bigger fonts that makes website more readable.
- Blue color is looks very dull in website.
- square column in website looks also old fashion it should change to rounded.
- Design should be column based.
After research I designed a sample page of Orkut, where all above requirements is filled in screen. You can see it here :-
What I did in screen.
- I used new trends logo for Orkut. which is according Web2.0. It is plain and simple and it is easy to remember for visitors.
- Used Arial font
- Divided home page in three column.
- Used blue vibrant color
- Made top navigation bar at top for usability point of view.
- New designed for Login area.
This is design which I like and I hope orkut’s user also like it. Give me your comments and suggestions on design-screen of orkut.